Applications remain open until March 1st at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Step 1. Check out who is mentoring this year
Step 2. Please read the application rules below.
Step 4. After you fill in the form and submit. Come back to this page to pay the fees. If the fees aren’t paid your application will not be accepted
2019 GLCC Application Rules:
(1) We welcome all applicants; this includes all ages (18+), styles, gender identities, orientations, sizes, ethnicities, and abilities, as well as previous participants. Solo acts only (for protege/competition).
(1)(a) applicants may hold other titles (including king and queen titles) or have any level of burlesque experience.
(2) all applicants must submit a clear video of their best act. This video does not have to be professional quality and can be filmed in your kitchen if it is the best representation of your performance ability. Additionally, the act you submit does not have to be the act you want to perform if you are selected as a protege.
(2)(a) showcase applicants must submit video of act they are performing.
(3) act length must be 4 minutes or less; acts outside of these parameters will not be considered.
(4) upon selection as, it is the performer's responsibility to secure transit to Saint Petersburg FL. Proteges must submit proof of flight to FL at least 6 weeks prior to the event or risk forfeiture of status to an alternate.
(5) upon selection, it is the performer's responsibility to pay for lodging (we will have a special host hotel rate) with the cast of GLCC.
(6) upon selection, it is the performer(s) responsibility to help the GLCC production team raise funds to assist your mentoring living legends to FL, in order to offset costs for flights, accommodations, and incidentals.
(6)(a) if selected to perform (both proteges and showcasing performers are included in this rule) you will be required to fundraise for the legends. You will have 30 days from your acceptance letter to send us your fundraising proposal. If not, your application is at risk of forfeiture.
(7) application fee must be paid at time of submitting the application form. The cost of the application is
$50.00 for protege/competition.
group submissions, please add $5 .00 for each additional performer per application for Protege / competition
showcasing submissions, the fee is $30.00 per performer;
group submissions, please add $10 for each additional performer per application for showcase .
The application fees help cover administrative costs in addition to augmenting funds needed to provide for our living legends during the competition weekend.
(8) no fire performance is allowed at this time. Please contact us if you wish to submit an aerial act; proof of insurance will be required if the act is accepted.
(9) no smoking or drug use inside GLCC housing or the performance venue.
(10) all glcc participants must adhere to all local and state laws as well as the guidelines of the affiliated venues and events; failure do to so will result in forfeiture of status to an alternate.
(11) for promotional purposes, please send 1 to 3 hi-resolution photos of you to email@example.com. Please ensure that you have the appropriate rights and releases necessary to use any photos you submit for promotion on both social and physical media.
Thank you all so much. See you in FL next summer!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR GLCC 2019, PLEASE USE THE LINKS BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND APPLICATION FEE.
Click here to apply to GLCC 2019 as a Protégé (Competition) | Click here to submit protégé application fee
Click here to apply to the GLCC 2019 Showcase (Non-Competition) | Click here to submit showcase application fee
If you are a member of a group that has already submitted the initial fee, please click here to submit any additional fee(s).